About the Y-Guides
Y Guides brings fathers and their children closer together! The Y-guides is a non-profit organization run by dads. The goal of the program is to foster the companionship and understanding between Fathers and their sons/daughters. Events emphasize the important role that parents play in the growth and development of their children. These events create memories that will last a lifetime.
Y-Guides Program Goals
- Parent – child time together
- Share knowledge and skills
- Develop good decision making
- Build a sense of self-esteem, person worth, and mutual belonging
- Develop tolerance, mutual respect, and strengthen family values
- Exciting adventures
- Lifelong memories
Invest time in your child now! How much time will it take? The time you spend with the program is up to you! There are monthly meetings and numerous group events throughout the year. This includes seasonal camps in Fall, Winter, and Spring, Pumpkin Carving, Christmas Caroling, Christmas Parade, Bowling, Laser Tag, Daddy/Daughter Dance, YMCA Night, Pinewood Derby Races, and more. You participate as your schedule allows.
New members usually join in the fall starting in kindergarten through the sixth grade. When you join the Y Guides, you and your child are placed in a group consisting of 5-9 parents and their kids.
Members plan monthly meetings, crafts, or small group events. Members participate together at each event, creating strong friendships and a sense of acceptance.
The Y Guide Programs are organized by volunteers, working together to plan events for the entire year. Events are administered and insured by the YMCA of Central Waukesha County, but YMCA Membership is not required.
The Six Aims
The principles we try to teach and live by.
- White Feather To be clean in body and pure in heart.
- Black Feather To be pals forever with my dad.
- Red Feather To love the sacred circle of my family.
- Yellow Feather To be attentive while others speak.
- Blue Feather To love my neighbor as myself.
- Green Feather To seek and preserve the beauty of Nature’s work in forest, field, & stream.
Begin your journey together!